Last updated: 20210929
– business partners, suppliers, and customers with whom we maintain a relationship,
– prospect business partners, suppliers, and customers,
– representatives or contact persons of business partners, customers, suppliers, (including prospects) who are legal entities, and
– visitors to our websites.
Vivolab is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your Personal Information. The information you share with us provide us with the
opportunity to provide our customers the best experience with our products and services. Please read below to learn how we collect, use, and
disclose Personal Information.
“GDPR” means the General Data Protection Regulation, (EU) 2016/679
“Data Controller” Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons)
determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, any personal information is, or is to be, processed.
“Data Processor” Data Processor means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
“Personal Data” means any information which relates to a living, identifiable person. It can include addresses, e-mail addresses,
names, phone number and more but it is also wider than that and can include any other information relating to that person or a
combination of information that, if it is put together, provides that the person can be identified.
“Data Subject” Data Subject is any living individual whose Personal Data is being processed.
Our principles for processing Personal Data are:
Fairness and lawfulness. When we process Personal Data, the individual rights of the Data Subjects must be protected. All Personal Data must be
collected and processed in a legal and fair manner.
Restricted to a specific purpose. The Personal Data of Data Subject must be processed only for specific purposes.
Accuracy: When we process Personal Data, the Personal Data we hold shall be adequate and accurate.
Transparency: The Data Subject must be informed of how his/her Personal Data is being collected, processed, and used.
Data minimization: We shall not process any more Personal Data than is needed for our services.
Storage limitation: We shall not store Personal Data for longer than is needed to provide our services and fulfil legal and regulatory requirements.
Integrity and confidentiality: We shall always process Personal Data securely.
Vivolab collects several different types of Personal Data for various purposes. Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
– Your general and identification information, such as name, first name, last name, e-mail address, postal address, phone number,
– Your function, such as title, position, name of company, and
– Data you provide to us for example when filling out forms or during events you attend, answering questions in surveys,
– IP address, and
– Usage habits (for example when using our websites)
a. Personal Data we collect automatically
IP address used to connect your computer to the internet, and your usage habits. This Data is collected using cookies. We do not link this
automatically collected data to other collected data.
b. Personal Data provided by your Employer
When Vivolab enters into a contract with a customer, supplier or business partner, Vivolab may be provided with Personal Data of employees
(i.e. workplace e-mail address, name of supervisor/manager, department and team/unit name) in order for Vivolab to provide its
products and services to the best of its abilities.
c. Personal Data provided by you
of an organisation, you provide Vivolab with Personal Data. You will also provide us with Personal Data when you subscribe to receive our
marketing. If you choose to participate in a study via a survey, after giving informed consent, you will also provide Vivolab with Personal Data.
d. Personal Data provided by third parties
Vivolab may collect Personal Data via external vendors or trusted publicly available sources having obtained your consent to provide us with
such Personal Data where necessary under applicable law.
Vivolab uses the collected Personal Data for various purposes:
– To provide you, or your company, or your employer, with services/products and manage our relationship with you,
– To provide you with adequate and updated information about our services and/or products,
– To provide customer support,
– To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our products and services, e.g., via surveys,
– To track our activities (measuring interactions or sales),
– Archiving and record keeping,
– Billing and invoicing,
– Manage mergers and acquisitions involving Vivolab,
– To detect, prevent and address technical issues, and otherwise manage our IT-resources.
Vivolab’s legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Data described in this Data Protection Policy depends on the Personal Data we collect and the
specific context in which we collect the information:
– Vivolab needs to process the Personal Data in order to fulfil a contract with you, or your company, or your employer (or take pre-contractual steps)
– You have given Vivolab permission (via consent) to do so. When you have provided your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time. If you
withdraw your consent, this will not make the processing of Personal Data which was undertaken before you withdrew your consent unlawful.
– Processing is necessary to comply with Vivolab’s legal or regulatory obligations.
– Processing your Personal Data is in Vivolab’s legitimate interests to keep our records updated and to study how our products are being used and does not
unduly affect your interests or fundamental rights or freedoms. Such legitimate interest may be:
* to develop a professional relationship with customers, suppliers, and business partners,
* to promote Vivolab’s MedTech products and services,
* to manage human and financial resources,
* to prevent fraud or criminal activity, misuse of our products or services, as well as security of our IT-systems, architecture and networks,
* to sell any part of our business or its assets or to enable the acquisition of all or part of our business or assets by a third party,
* to meet our corporate and social responsibility objectives.
Vivolab will retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set
out in this Data Protection Policy or to comply with our legal obligations (such as book-keeping), resolve disputes, and enforce our policies.
Personal Data not related to a specific contract will be deleted, or anonymised, 24 months after your last interaction with Vivolab.
For contracts, the retention period is the term of your (or your company’s) contract with Vivolab, plus the period of time until legal claims under this
contract become time-barred, unless overriding legal or regulatory schedules require a longer or shorter retention period. Thereafter, your Personal Data
will be removed from Vivolab’s systems.
Vivolab only shares your Personal Data with:
– Our staff,
– Our suppliers and service providers that provide services and products to us, such as e-mail management distribution tools, providers of data
aggregation and analytics software services, third party secure server storage,
– Our business partners who offer products and/or services jointly with us or with our subsidiaries or affiliates,
– Any party to whom we assign or rights or obligations,
– Our advisors and external lawyers.
If Personal Data is transferred to third parties, Vivolab will ensure that such parties are bound to protect the confidentiality and security of your
Personal Data, in accordance with applicable law. If Personal Data is transferred outside Sweden, we will protect your Personal Data by applying the
level of protection required
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
– The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you
– The right of rectification
– The right to object
– The right of restriction
– The right to data portability
– The right to object
– The right to withdraw consent
For more information on your rights in general, please see the information on the following: The data subject’s rights (imy.se)
when necessary to reflect customer feedback, changes in our programme/projects and services or legal changes.
You have the right to lodge a complaint about the use of your Personal Data, such complaint may initially be made to email@example.com and,
if you are not satisfied with our response, to the Swedish Authority for Privacy Protection (IMY) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Data controller: Vivolab AB, Främbyvägen 36, 791 52 Falun
Org. no.: 559159-4659
Email address: email@example.com